Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Hello from Indiana!

Can you believe it? Another day of ice and snow in northern Indiana! I have lived here for almost 22 years and I still cannot get used to the weather. They say, "Just hang around a few minutes, and it will change!" Boy! They weren't kidding. It is impossible to know how to dress around here! Give me good old North Carolina's changing-of-the-seasons any day of the week! Is it retirement time yet?!! I can't wait. When you think about it, what exactly does Indiana have to offer? There's corn...and then there's corn...and maybe a little...what?!!!...CORN!!! You have got to be kidding me. That's it?!!!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, my husband and I have lived in Elkhart, Indiana, for the past 22 years. Elkhart has been good to us. I am an English teacher, and he is a Quality Engineer. Yes, that means he is a perfectionist and I am too. "How's that workin' for ya?", Dr. Phil might say. So far...so good. He cooks and irons because I can't do it to suit him. I clean, and if he notices, he doesn't say much.

No comments: